Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The collards & both kales germinated today, 2/24 (day 3).

Also, this past weekend, my roommate & I finished tilling the veggie garden and transferred the soil from the pile in the driveway to its rightful home! So now I've finally started sowing the "outdoor only" seeds: garlic (rather late, but we'll see what happens), and also a few seeds each of "Mr. Big" Peas and "Sugar Snap" Peas. I'll be sowing a few more pea seeds each weekend over the next few weeks, so that I'll have a longer harvest season!

Last night, I began modifying the area around my deck. I had plants in pots around two sides of the deck, but decided to fill those areas with soil & plant them more fully. I got one side done last night, and will probably finish the rest this weekend. I'll take some pics this weekend to post here.

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment